- The USD Index has tanked to 105.30 lows today from over 107.10 as Chair Powell more or less confirmed a 50bp hike at the next FED meeting, was sanguine about the terminal rate being over 5% and reiterated (again) that the fight to bring down inflation was far from over. He was as Hawkish as had been expected. Stocks & Treasuries ripped higher with optimism about China’s reopening prospects even after mixed US data yesterday.
- EUR – retakes 1.0450 from under 1.0300 lows yesterday..
- JPY – collapsed to under 136.00 today from 139.85 highs yesterday –
- GBP – Sterling rallied over 200 ppips from 1.1900 support and lows to 1.2110 now.
- Stocks – Wall Street erupted higher 2.18%-4.41% (NASDAQ best performer) – US500 +122.48 (+3.09%) closed over 4000 at 4080, has gained 13.8% in 2 months and is over it’s 200 MA first time in 7 months. FUTS trades at 4085 now.
- USOil – Rallied to $81.50 and trades at $80.00 now. Inventories showed a huge 12.6m drawdown.
- Gold – Rallied to $1780 from $1745 lows, trades at $1776 now.
- BTC – Sentiment woes continue, SFB “I didn’t try to commit fraud”.. Weaker USD takes it over 17K.
Today – German Retail Sales, EZ, UK & US Final Manufacturing PMI, US ISM, Weekly Claims, PCE Price Index, EU Council President Michel visits China, Speeches from Fed’s Barr, Bowman & Logan, ECB’s Lane & Elderson
Biggest FX Mover @ (07:30 GMT) NZDUSD (+1.57%) rallied from under 0.6200 yesterday and trades at 0.6320 now, next resistance at 0.6350. MAs aligning higher, MACD histogram & signal line positive & rising, RSI 65.00 & falling having been OB, H1 ATR 0.00203, Daily ATR 0.0083.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.